CedarS is a not-for-profit camp, backed by a volunteer Board of Trustees, but still run by 2nd and 3rd generation members of its founding family, the Huffs. The camp is ideally situated in beautiful Ozark Hill Country atop an "uplifting plateau" over 1,000 feet higher than the surrounding plains. The Ozarks are blessed with spring-fed streams for canoeing and fishing, caves for exploring, lakes for skiing and sailing, and wooded hilltops for hiking, rappelling, and riding.
CedarS' Purpose & Five Fundamental Concepts (from Founder Ruth E. Huff)
"The Purpose of The CedarS is to give each camper an appreciation of spiritual sense and an abundance of wholesome, joyous activity."
The Five Fundamental Concepts of CedarS are:
- We regard each individual at camp as a child of God, who reflects alertness, joy, peace, ability, love...
- We respect each individual Christian Science young person as a future active worker in the Christian Science movement.
- We stand firm in our desire to use Christian Science in all of our actions and to be good examples.
- We believe that all have certain interests and talents, and we want to do all we can to further these and at the same time to introduce new activities and interests.
- We expect to make camping at the CEDARS fun!
Mrs. Ruth E. Huff, Founder, 1962
An unmatched staff-to-camper ratio of 1 cabin counselor to every 2 or 3 Campers -
A Cedars Counselor who...
- Is a well qualified and proficient instructor in his or her field of activity
- Loves children and wholesome fun
- Strives to use Christian Science 24 hours a day and helps campers to do so too
- Provides enough supervision to guarantee happy times that promote strong Christian behavior
CedarS' 850-acre Campsite
is a perfect place to explore most of the Ozarks wonders in a nature class or aboard one of our 100 horses, or in a buckboard wagon pulled by the Belgians or in your own cart pulled by a minature horse or by a pony. Miles of shady riding (and running) trails crisscross our wooded hills and streams. We have 8 riding arenas. Two of these arenas are covered and one of these is a top-notch covered riding facility. The fantastic amenities listed above are all part of our ever-improving Equestrian Facilities and Programs. (see programs)
CedarS' own Panther Cave on our float stream campsite,
has over 1,000 feet of charted passages on three levels to explore. Experience the constant 60 degree coolness and the absolute darkness and silence of the "Pool of Prayer" room. Panther Cave is on CedarS' 85-acre riverfront property on the Osage Fork of the Gasconade River.
CedarS' Private Lakefront, our O"Onshore Assets"...
having over two miles of shoreline on our own "Crown Lake" and almost a mile around the "Mediterranean" makes boating, great fishing and waterfront activities a convenient-located joy for all. The addition of 30 kayaks and 12 SUPs (Stand-Up-Paddleboards) makes Mediterranean island hopping and waterfront games of "Capture the Flag" and Kayak Waterpolo LOTS of cool fun!
Crown Lake Waterpark
Riding our fast, filtered "100-Meter Splash" waterside; "catching air" on our Crown Lake Rope Swing; soaring over the lake on our Zipline and enjoying other water activities are daily treats on our pleasantly warm summer afternoons. CedarS Splash Zone, Cable Watersports Park, and Grateful Heart Garden are designed to both cool your body and warm your soul.
At CedarS Aquatic Center,
you'll love our new 6-lane Junior Olympic Lap Pool and Swim meet plus our Diving Well with both a 1 and 3 meter board. Hundreds of American Red Cross Swim Cards are earned every summer at CedarS.