Pack with your campers, not for them, so they know everything they're bringing. Names need to be on all clothing and equipment. Order forms for name tapes, map, and other information will be sent when downpayment is received.
Laundry is only done in the middle of each two-week session and is charged on store account. Therefore quantities listed are those suggested for one week's use. All can be packed in a footlocker, suitcase and/or duffel bag.
For Family and Adult programs, please adapt this list to your program.
- The Bible
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy with markers if possible
- C.S. Quarterly Bible Lessons
A mix of good and grubby:
- 8 T-shirts*
- 5-8 pairs of shorts*
- 3-4 pairs of jeans or slacks
- 8 (+/-) pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of shoes (1 pr. tennis shoes, and 1 pr. old shoes for caving, creek & boating or 1-2 pair aqua socks (great for lake fun), 1 pair clean court shoes for Basketball Camp
- Riding boots or hard-soled shoes w/ 1/2" heels to keep foot from slipping through stirrups
- 8 pairs of underwear
- Pajamas or nightgown (one warm)
- 1 robe (especially for girls)
- 1 or 2 swimming suits (1 for lake or river) - (Girls must bring one-piece swimming suits.)
- 1 raincoat or poncho, and boots
- 1 sweatshirt* and/or warm jacket
- 1 pair sweatpants
- 2 sets sheets (for single bed) Required (1 set is fine for 1 wk. session)
- 1 pillow and 2 cases
- 2 warm blankets
- 1 sleeping bag for campouts (or rent, $7)
- 3 towels (and washcloths)
- Comb and brush
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap, soap dish, shampoo, deodorant
- 1 flashlight & extra batteries
- 1 laundry bag that ties*
- Ziplock bag(s) for wet items
- Stationery, pen or pencil*
- Envelopes* (some addressed)
Bug repellent, book to read, sun visor or cap, sunglasses, tennis racquet and balls, single bed-spread, camera, riding helmet or hat, dress-up clothes for skits, cook-out kit.
RIDING CAMP & ADVANCED RIDING CAMP
Same as above, plus 2-3 extra pairs of jeans - always worn riding.
Same as above, plus hiking boots, extra swim suit, small daypack (size of school backpack), small duffle (for AR trip), 2 Nalgene water bottles (1 liter size), ground pad for camping, flashlight and extra batteries, poncho, and and any climbing or camping gear of your own that you'd like to bring.
FOR CEDARS EXPRESS TRAVEL
Camper needs to carry separate from footlocker.
- modest travel cash as needed
- a handbag which contain towel, p.j.’s, next day's clothes, and toiletries
- a sleeping bag or sheets
These items and more available at camp store.