Metaphysical NewslettersThe weekly Metaphysical Newsletter is provided to campers, staff, alumni, friends and the CedarS family at no charge however contributions help defray the costs of running this service.
Click here for more about how you can provide support!
Delivered to You FREE!
Available in five languages, get it delivered to your inbox weekly!
Lesson Application Ideas From 2003
- Ideas to start your New Year from the Lesson on GOD for 12/29 -1/4/04
Sunday, December 28th, 2003
Why did Mrs. Eddy designate this subject as the one that begins our year, and often ends it? Isn't this the subject from which all the other lessons flow? God is our Alpha and Omega, our first and our last. Without a clear concept of God, there is no understanding of Christian Science, and our first and most...
- Key to a Happy New YOU! Application Ideas for Lesson Sermon on: "Christian Science" Dec. 22-28...
Sunday, December 21st, 2003
Section Summary Benediction: Spiritual insight reveals prophecy, encourages persistence and results in sight. The Comforter helps us stick with the "best" of spirit rather than settling for merely the "good" of the world. Science and Health offers new views revealing the innate child and new man, giving them...
- An Everpresent Present Is Waiting for You! Accept God's "unspeakable gift."
This week's Lesson Met
Sunday, December 14th, 2003
For a gift to be truly effective, it must not only be given, but also received. How about it?
- Guardian Angels from "God the Preserver of Man" by Corde
Monday, December 8th, 2003
God the Preserver of Man" (that's us) is our Lesson preparing us for our Christmas gift, God's Son, Jesus Christ. How? It is this season when we see many angels pictured in various shapes, sizes, colors and activities. This week we'll see how powerful God's angels are, not as beings with feathers and wings, but as...
- Tour Creation! Lesson Application Ideas & Questions for "God the Only Cause & Creator"
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003
As always the Golden Text sets the tone for this lesson, which reveals thoroughly the visible substance, or reality of the spiritual universe of God's creating. We are treated to a tour of creation through our Father-Mother's eyes.
- "Soul and Body" Lesson Sermon Met for Nov. 17-23, 2003
Monday, November 17th, 2003
Section Summary Benediction: To the degree we glorify God, we find peace. As we correctly identify body as mortal mind and observe Mind not body, we experience grace overcoming sensuality. As we truly understand that Life and man survive death, we will experience daily transfiguration to a greater degree.
- Put on the New You - Be Born Again Here and Now!
Monday, November 10th, 2003
Ever feel as though you just need a fresh start? Would you like to shed some of the mental baggage (or undesirable character traits) you've been carrying around - sometimes seemingly forever? Are there limitations that you've decided you'll just "have to live with?" It is time to be "born again" and find a "new"...
- Change channels from constant A&E re-runs to the ever-new Science (of the Christ) Channel (of...
Monday, November 3rd, 2003
No Summary Available
- God's Parenting: "the union of justice & affection" in "Everlasting Principled Love"
Tuesday, October 28th, 2003
This week's lesson is a great kick-off for Thanks-Giving month in that it gives us great reason for gratitude, a leading ingredient in Jesus' healing work. Contrary to the depressing, main line beliefs of Mrs. Eddy's day and of our day, we are NOT miserable sinners destined to suffer "Everlasting Punishment." No...
- "Show-Me Life!" - A Lesson Sermon Met on "Probation After Death" for Oct. 20-26, 2003
Monday, October 20th, 2003
Section Summary Benediction: let's rid ourselves of condemnation which will reveal the path of life leading to salvation. In this way, we'll always be turning to the Christ where we will constantly be residing in heaven, eliminating hell, and demonstrating the healing proof required in the Show-Me State. Eternal...
- One is the "only-est" number. Be in that number! "Doctrine of Atonement" Lesson-met application...
Tuesday, October 14th, 2003
We are RIGHT NOW at one with God. (ONLY!) Let's get busy and acknowledge that fact and act it out. Divine Love, expressed in the love of Christ Jesus has shown us the way. Jesus proved his statements by demonstration, and he expected his followers to do the same. We must not allow ourselves to be conformed to a...
- The answer to the question is NO, NO, NO. If sin, disease and death are real, then God must have...
Monday, October 6th, 2003
The answer to the question is NO, NO, NO. Of course. If sin, disease and death are real, then God must have made them. But, God made only good. So we can rejoice with the Golden Text: Now is come salvation! All is God's. The liar is exposed and gone!
- Happy October! TRICK? Or TREATment! A Lesson "Met" on "Unreality" by Warren
Wednesday, October 1st, 2003
Every hour unreal illusions come, in all kinds of convincing-looking disguises, knocking on the door of thought to TRICK us into believing in the presence and power of evil, as well as of good. On Halloween, you always know the game being played, and so are not fooled, no matter how outlandishly ugly (or beautiful)...
- How to "Get Real!"- A Lesson Application Met on: "Reality" by Gary
Monday, September 22nd, 2003
Section Summary Benediction: this week let's get "real" by being filled up full with praise of the Lord knowing there is no beginning or end to the infinite. Let's eliminate foggy errors with the authority of perfection recognizing the eternal nature of Jesus' healings, which we too can demonstrate as children of...
- Choose God! - Lesson applications for Sept. 15-21 on: Matter by Kathy
Wednesday, September 17th, 2003
No Summary Available
- Treasure Map provided for Lesson Met on SUBSTANCE! by Corde
Monday, September 8th, 2003
No Summary Available
- Hey Man, you're Sworn in to Witness to "the whole truth and nothing but the truth!" by Warren
Sunday, August 31st, 2003
Start this lesson by envisioning yourself in a courtroom setting. You have been summoned to appear as a witness by and for your Maker, by God Himself." With one hand on "the supreme statute book, the Bible," you have been "sworn in" to "tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God." That makes...
- Re-Minding you of the allness of Mind's "infinite manifestation!" by Gary (S&H 468:10)
Monday, August 18th, 2003
Eventually no one will have to be taught to know the Lord says the Bible, "...they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord..." (Jer 31:34) Perhaps knowing Him will be...
- Be Who You Are - Take the Path of Soul Out of Bondage & Into the Kingdom by Kathy
Tuesday, August 12th, 2003
The covenant with God is an everlasting covenant. He has promised that as we are faithful to the only true God - the God of Spirit - we will be led out of the Egypt of matter-based living, sustained in the wilderness, and brought into the Promised Land of unlimited Spirit. What are we waiting for?
- You are "in the Spirit!" (and spiritual!)
Sunday, August 3rd, 2003
We have a unified source of existence and completeness in this Lesson on Spirit. In the Golden Text we find we are in God and he in us as we have been given his Spirit. We don't have to get Spirit. We have it. Of course, God isn't in us as in body - He's far too huge! We have His qualities, essence, feeling...
- Unconditional Love -- Wedded to Its Own Idea!
Application Ideas for the Lesson on "Love" for July...
Tuesday, July 29th, 2003
Have you ever thought about God as the husband of all? Check out this definition that Webster gives for husband: "a manager of affairs in general; a cultivator." It fits!
- Listen for the Ring of Truth to never "buy into" a lie! A Lesson Sermon Met on the Subject:...
Monday, July 21st, 2003
"...ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32) This quote is the very first sentence of Science and Health (on the page preceding Contents) which indicates how strongly Mrs. Eddy must have felt about its message.
- Keep your eye on the Model - Seek and ye shall Find - Choose Life! Lesson met for July 20, 2003 by...
Tuesday, July 15th, 2003
"Seek the Lord, and ye shall live; ..." All we have to do is seek God. To seek is to look for, pursue, follow the trail of. But it is also: to investigate, explore, make inquiry, and worship. . . . . What a fabulous promise! Sometimes we are tempted, when in the middle of a problem, to become frustrated...
- "Met" Application Ideas from Corde for the Bible Lesson on "Sacrament"
Sunday, July 6th, 2003
This Lesson Sermon teaches us how and what to worship. (Count the times that the word worship is used) The Golden Text definitely tells us why and how - God is due our worship - and how, "in the beauty of holiness". The Responsive Reading gives us more guidelines for right prayer -joyful noise, sing, sing, come and...
- Thoughts on this week's Lesson on "Christian Science" by Merrill Boudreaux
Monday, June 23rd, 2003
Praise ye the Lord for all that he hath created, and especially for his unspeakable gift, Christian Science, which the Lord hath made and given to all mankind. It, Christian Science, shall stand forever, a beacon, leading each one to the light, revealing the kingdom - the truth of our being.
- A Lesson Sermon Met on the Subject: "Is the Universe, Including Man, Evolved by Atomic Force?"...
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003
Man and all of God's creation have purpose and meaning which we understand when we translate all from material sense to spiritual ideas. . . . As we let go of the atomic matter model, we are free to see ourselves and others as complete spiritual ideas whereby healing occurs.
- Recognizing the Preserving Power of God - Bouncing vs. Breaking - Lesson Met by Kathy
Wednesday, June 11th, 2003
This week's lesson helps us understand that God is always there to preserve (to protect from evil, harm, danger, etc.) us, His beloved children. The lesson also brings out what is required of man (of us) in order to feel that protection - to take advantage of the care that is always available to us. As we do, we...
- Start Summer with a new name! A Lesson Met on "God the Only Cause and Creator" by Corde
Monday, June 2nd, 2003
Rather, we are finding our identity as His children, to become new and of course, never in matter. There's even a city that gets a "new" name in this Lesson. Our purpose in studying this Lesson? To gain more correct views of God and man (me, us). Remember, that at the end of your study of this Lesson, you will have a...
- Turn to an all-powerful God to put all confusion & illusion behind you! by Warren
Tuesday, May 27th, 2003
Section theme and application ideas highlighted in a Lesson Met on "Ancient & Modern Necromancy, alias Mesmerism & Hypnotism, Denounced" for May 26 - June 1, 2003 by Warren Huff, CedarS Director (updated throughout the week)
- God's continuous "care package" to you! Your spiritual identity & its expression -
A Lesson Met...
Tuesday, May 20th, 2003
Whereas man's decrees can be wrong, unjust, even cruel, how comforting it is to know God's decrees are very sure and understandable, which results in holiness (wholeness) when followed.
- Seek for & expect unlimited man - Find the immortal you! (Lesson Met for 5/12-5/18/03 by Kathy
Tuesday, May 13th, 2003
An immortal is "one who is exempt from death." To be immortal is to have "no principle of alteration or corruption." The visible world continually declares that we are mortal - fallen and falling apart, every day growing closer to our ultimate destruction. Do we accept this? If we are to believe the Bible and...
- Wake up! Don't fall for an ADAM and FALLEN MAN identity! by Corde
Monday, May 5th, 2003
How does a bank teller know the counterfeit money from the real? By studying thoroughly original, real money. So how do we know ourselves as God's perfect idea? Study thoroughly God and His perfect idea. Simple. Then we won't be put to sleep like Adam was, identifying falsely with the "fallen man".
- Rise to the Occasion! by Warren
Thursday, May 1st, 2003
More ways to apply a passage for the 4th section of the lesson.
- "Mount Up with Wings as Eagles!" by Barry Huff
Wednesday, April 30th, 2003
With the Bible lesson this week featuring the Deuteronomy 32 description of the eagle who stirs up her nest and teaches her nestlings to fly (Deut. 32:11, 12) this earlier CedarS nature met is especially instructive.
- "Mount Up with Wings as Eagles"
Wednesday, April 30th, 2003
A nature class metaphysical for studying the turkey vultures that live on the cliffs by our caves.
- God's EVERLASTING LOVE delivers us from wrong-doing's self-imposed punishment! by Warren
Sunday, April 27th, 2003
In a world struggling with what seems like an endless repetition of crime and punishment, mistakes and retributions, this lesson on God's everlasting forgiveness and universal love is priceless! May we make May 1st not just a National, but a Universal, Day (and month) of Prayer that nurtures the newness of...
- Live to the fullest your new freedom with its deathless "super-vision!"
-- Lesson Met on...
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2003
Isn't the belief of death like being in jail; a glimpse of eternal life like being freed from jail but on probation with "super-vision;" and truly understanding there is no death, ascension?
- Demonstrate Easter! Act Out Your At-one-ment and Rise! by Kathy Fitzer, C.S.
Tuesday, April 15th, 2003
Eggs are a popular symbol of new beginnings at Easter time. As the little chick pecks and pecks to break its confines, so should we keep pecking to break out of the shell of limited mortal thinking in order to see the view of unlimited spiritual reality. A chick instinctively knows better than to stop pecking until...
- Are Sin, Disease and Death Real? a Lesson Met by Corde Hanzlik, C.S.
Tuesday, April 8th, 2003
And the answer is???? Just because we know the correct answer to the question doesn't mean that we don't read the Lesson or skip the first marker of the Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. But, first, let's sing the Golden Text, "I will call upon the Lord.." The rest of the song, verse not included in the...
- Don't be a FOOL in April! A Lesson "Met" on "UNREALITY" for 3/31-4/6/03 by Warren
Monday, March 31st, 2003
Don't mistake TRASH as TREASURE of visa versa. Don't fall for fake ids. Don't think your friends are your foes or that your foes are your friends.
- A real REALITY show in parables - especially for YOU!
Monday, March 24th, 2003
No Summary Available
- Make time to move & melt mountains of matter-based concerns. an application Met for the Lesson on...
Monday, March 17th, 2003
With the proper (prompt and persisitent) recognition of God, we can expect healing (melting like wax) of our hills and mountains of concerns about war, supply, relationships, health, homework, tests, etc. See Section 6 for our four duties in time of conflict as we are now facing.
- Wisdom's Wildly Wonderful World of Imperishable Substance
Monday, March 10th, 2003
The lesson this week unfolds to us how we can receive the blessings of God's kingdom, overflowing with good that can't be taken away. Even when it seems that something has been lost, we find that seeking for good in the wisdom of God (through obedience to God's commands) all good is restored - in a wonderful way!
- Talkin' 'bout the "Man" in the mirror!
Monday, March 3rd, 2003
Let's remember as we look through this week's Bible Lesson that it is our story, our being. What man am I - dreamy Adam or the awake ideal? Try putting a post-it note that says "divine Science" on your mirror to remind you how to look in the mirror to not be fooled by dream sense. (S&H 515)
- Games of the Week: 1-Follow the Leader, Christ Jesus; 2-God Says; 3-Rolling Stones
Tuesday, February 25th, 2003
Jesus, who loved little children, is hereby inviting you and me to be both more childlike and more Christ-like by "playing" a fun game of "Follow the Leader."
- Mind's Infinite Manifestation for & as YOU! - a Lesson Sermon Met on Mind for Feb. 17-23, 2003
Monday, February 17th, 2003
"Let this Mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." (S&H 276:4-9) What a promise! When we obey this 6th Tenet of Christian Science (S&H 497:24) we have fellowship and not enemies, peace and not war, and the revealing of one Spirit which brings about healing individually and collectively. Why not take a look...
- "Find the Whole in your Soul," a Lesson Sermon Met on "Soul" for February 10-16, 2003 by Kathy...
Tuesday, February 11th, 2003
Let's rejoice that there is one Soul (or center of Life) - not lots of little souls trapped in mortal bodies, subject to conflict within and without. All things respond to and perfectly reflect the one Soul - the control center of Life. Overcome self-centeredness with God-centeredness.
- A Lesson Sermon Met on "Spirit" for February 3-9, 2003 by Gary Duke, CS
Monday, February 3rd, 2003
If being carnally minded (obsessed with looks, having cool stuff, smoking, drinking, sensuality, being the best at anything without glorifying God ...) brought happiness, a lot of the world would be very happy. But are they? Are you? If not, why not? Because spirituality is the only way to lasting happiness ~ "to...
- Happy Groundhog Day! Ideas for redemption when healing has been delayed!
Saturday, February 1st, 2003
Join me in thinking about some of the fun and potentially healing lessons in the movie, "Groundhog Day." Those who seem to wake up day after day to the same nightmarish conditions, no matter how hard they pray, need despair no longer!
- It's never too late (or TOO EARLY) to start looking for Love in all the right places! (wk. in...
Wednesday, January 29th, 2003
It's great to have this pre-Valentine's Day treasure hunt for true Love. It's easy to find in all the right places. God is "head over heels" (upside-down, inside-out, inseparably) in Love with you and will take up for you in every situation!
- Let your Freedom ring with"The Ring of Truth," the real "Lord of the Rings." by Gary Duke, CS
Monday, January 20th, 2003
Let your freedom ring! And it will, so long as it has the ring of Truth, the real "Lord of the Rings." Can we ever get ahead by cheating on a test, our taxes, or any area of life? Jacob thought he could steal the birthright (inheritance) of his brother Esau with impunity, but found out otherwise. But Jacob proved...
- A Care Package of Life lessons worth learning
Wednesday, January 15th, 2003
A Care Package of Life lessons worth learning for January 13-19. To learn that "My times (every movement of all 3 clock hands, as well as my for "fortunes" and "future") are in thy (God's) hand," not in my own is Life's biggest lesson. Others are how to: protect purity and endangered species; have one perfect Mind to...
- Lesson Met for January 6-12, 2003 by Gary Duke, CS
Tuesday, January 7th, 2003
"Why not just take care of ourselves and let everyone else fend for themselves?" . . . . Instead, "let's start truly bearing another's burdens in every facet of our lives ~ home, school, sports, jobs... thereby fulfilling the law of Christ." . . . . Let's say we're upset by our appearance, stress of an upcoming test...